Saturday, November 10, 2007

I Key A You

Went to Ikea today. Free coffee before 10 a.m.! Small bfast (eggs, potatoes and bacon, sans bacon) for 99 cents for me and a cinnamon roll ($1) for QE. Bought a bookcase for my yarn. Very nice. What's funny is that one of the rooms was staged as a craft room with a larger bookcase filled with yarn, needles, and finished products.

Davis had his annual checkup earlier this week. He weighed in at 10 pounds 6 ounces, a loss from last year. Our doctor said Davis' weight seems sensitive to food changes, but I don't recall us changing his food in the past year. He also got blood drawn from both legs as baselines and flinched both times, causing bruising and some bleeding. Poor little boy. We're trying to feed him more kibble and that is driving his sisters crazy. As cat parents know, vets usually recommend canned food to help weight loss since kibble is higher in carbs. Getting the girls to eat more canned while giving Davis kibble is difficult. To further worry me, he decided to go on a diet and snub most of his meals this week. He finally decided to eat when I fed him Fancy Feast. It's not the best food, but him eating is more important right now.

Last night, Cara and Davis had another showdown. I missed the actual fight, but QE reports full body contact. Cara also lost tufts of fur. This explains the mysterious clumps I found last month. I thought they were from a mutilated toy since cat hair usually falls out one strand at a time. In addition to tufts of fur, she has a tiny abrasion on her neck. We don't know if it's from her brother or the result of her hair getting pulled out. This could also explain the mysterious red spots she had around her nipples a month ago.

In other news, this year's Thanksgiving will be vegetarian except for the actual bird. In place of chicken broth I will use mushroom broth. Cream, half and half, and butter will still make a formidable appearance. I still haven't decided if I should take my brother's challenge and mix in a tiny amount of tofu into every dish just to be funny.

No comments: